Summer Program Policies and Enrollment Information
Registration & Payment
- Registration for all activities, camps, courses, and programs (collectively referred to as “Programs”) is completed exclusively online.
- An “early bird” discount of 10% is available to those who register and pay in full by March 10, 2021. This is the only discount currently offered.
- Payment of a $35 non-refundable registration fee is required at the time of registration.
- For registrations after March 10 and prior to June 1, 2021, payment of at least 20% of the cost of the particular Program(s) selected is required at the time of registration, and payment of any amounts not paid at the time of registration must be made by June 1, 2021. Registration will be considered incomplete if this June 1, 2021 deadline is not met, and students will lose their space in the Program(s) for which they registered.
- For registrations on or after June 1, 2021, payment of 100% of the cost of the particular Program(s) selected is required at the time of registration.
- There is a $25 fee for returned checks and denied credit card payments.
- Waitlisted families who are offered a space in an overbooked Program will have three calendar days to complete their registration before the space will be offered to someone else.
- The deadline to submit CIT paper applications is May 20, 2021. After that date, any new CIT applicants will be placed on a wait list. If a CIT position becomes available at any time up to or during Camp Roadrunner or Camp Coyote, the selection committee will choose additional CIT’s from the wait list. Selections from the wait list will not be based upon a first-come, first-served approach but, rather, on a “best-candidate-for-the-job basis.” Families who wish to make changes to their schedule should email email@example.com to request changes by email.
Conditions of Enrollment
- Enrollment in all Programs, with the exception of the CIT program, is done on a first-come, first-served basis in the order in which completed registrations are received. We cannot hold spaces for unregistered participants.
- All registrants for Programs that take place on the Viewpoint campus will be asked to agree to adhere fully to all safety protocols established by the School and in effect on the days on which Programs meet. These protocols are expected to include the wearing of nose and mouth-covering face masks at all times other than when eating or drinking, physical distancing, and the pre-attendance upload of a recent negative PCR test.
- All Programs have minimum and maximum enrollment requirements and may be cancelled if too few students enroll.
- Should Viewpoint need to cancel for any reason a Program in which you registered a child, we will notify you, offer you a full refund, and work with you to identify a good alternative.
- If a Program reaches maximum enrollment before you register, you will be advised of this when you attempt to register, and be offered a place on a wait list that will be used to fill openings created by subsequent enrollment cancellations.
- All Programs are open to the public unless stated otherwise.
Date Change Requests and Withdrawals
- Please send an email to the Summer Programs Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible if your plans change and you want to attend a week other than the one for which you are registered, or should you need to cancel your registration and withdraw your child.
- We will try to help you find space in an alternative week in a comparable Program, but we cannot guarantee it will be possible. We will not be able to accommodate change requests made in the week before a Program starts.
- If you withdraw, or have not paid the course balance, on or before June 1, 2021, Viewpoint will refund you the amount in excess of the 20% of the Program cost, less the $35 registration fee and any credit card charge. Neglecting to submit full payment by June 1, 2021 for a Program in which you registered a child will be taken to mean you are withdrawing this child before this June 1, 2021 cut-off date.
- If you withdraw after June 1, 2021, but at least 7 calendar days before the first day of the Program, Viewpoint will refund you 50% of whatever you paid, less the $35 registration fee and any credit card charges.
- No refunds are available for student withdrawals that occur in the week before a Program starts or once a Program starts.
Other Important Program Information
- Lunch. Lunch prepared by our food service vendor, Sage Dining Services, will be available for purchase to students whose Programs take place on the Viewpoint campus. Details will follow about how to pre-order and pre-pay for these lunches. Students may also bring their lunch.
- Books. Given the accelerated nature of summer school, all books and other necessary class materials will be available for purchase prior to the start of classes and can be picked up before the first day of class. If you would like to pick up textbooks, families will be invoiced for the cost of the book and payment will be required prior to the start of the class. You are also welcome to purchase your textbooks on your own.
- Program Communications. Registered families will be emailed a detailed enrollment packet at least one week prior to the start of your selected summer program with details about pick up, drop off, what to bring/wear, and more. Camp Roadrunner, Counselor-in-Training (CIT), and Camp Coyote (Service Learning) programs will receive weekly emails on Wednesdays detailing upcoming weekly events.
- Medical Information. It is required that your child(ren)’s medical information is completed online upon submitting your registration. Be certain to complete the “Medication” section if your child will need to have any prescription medications administered during the Program, and submit it to the Viewpoint School Summer Nursing Office. Any child who is not a currently enrolled Viewpoint student or is a new entering student in the Fall, must have a copy of their immunization records on file with the Summer Programs Office Nurse prior to the child's first day of attendance in any Program. You have the option to upload immunization records online during registration.
- Requirements for Academic Credit: For Upper School academic credit to be received, a student may not be absent more than two meetings of a class and must satisfactorily complete all work that was assigned during their absence. Being tardy four times in the same course counts as an absence. Please note that summer for-credit courses are intensive, require a substantial time commitment, and moves at a faster pace.
- Behavior: The School assumes that students are enrolled in the Summer Programs for a purpose, and that they will conduct themselves accordingly. Students should behave honorably and take responsibility for their actions. While there is no specific dress code during the summer, students should expect to wear clothing that is in good taste and appropriate. The School will take exception to very unusually colored or styled hair. The School takes very seriously the concepts of respect for others and personal integrity. Rude, insulting, or demeaning behavior will in no way be tolerated. Students who fail to adhere to these rules or to conduct themselves within the spirit of the Summer Program will be subject to expulsion from any Program without refund of tuition.
- Holidays: The School and all of its programs will be closed on Monday, July 5, 2021 in observance of Independence Day.